Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Corrupt Email Crashes ACT Email Program

Corrupt Email Crashes ACT Email Program

I received several weeks ago a group of emails that were just junk, nothing that indicated a virus. I have a virus program that scans incoming emails. Anyway, this particular email, when selected, will lock up the ACT email program and have to be restarted. There is no way to click on the message to delete it. So, I have had to avoid that email in my inbox because as soon as you click on it, about 15 seconds later it will cause the program to be unresponsive and have to be shut down. I am using Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1, 2010 of the software.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

John

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Corrupt Email Crashes ACT Email Program

John - I should know (for certain) the answer to this, but I don't off the top of my head, as I don't use the ACT! email program, but aren't the email messages just files under the ACT database-files structure?  Could you match the date/time of that message with a file that's under that dir structure and physically delete it?  Again, I apologize for "winging it", but I don't get alot of ACT! program email users.
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Thanks for the info. I thought this was the forum to post asking questions about issues with ACT. Is there another spot I should be posting this stuff too? I had posted another issue as well within this forum and maybe I need to move that question to another thread?

John
Platinum Super Contributor

John,

You are posting to the correct place.

Unfortunately, the Act! e-mail database is not modeled after a regular database with an Attachments folder - so the option to delete the email is not available outside of the Act! e-mail program.

Please see your Private Messages.

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

I have the same problem - a corrupt email message locks up my ACT email if I click on it.  I had someone send me an email which replaced the corrupt email as the top-most message.  This allowed me to use the email client, as long as I don't click on the corrupt message.  Is there some way I can remove it?

Tomb