Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Copy id status change to multiple contacts

Highlighted

Copy id status change to multiple contacts

Hello, I have an ACT database with 6000 contacts and I need to separate approximately 2000 of those to send separate emails to, on a regular basis. I was hoping I am able to use id status and add a new list value (called regular emailer) in the drop down menu. Is there anyway that I can highlight ( or tag) the 2000 contacts and add the new list value (called regular emailer) to them.The id status already contains various id statuses, so I am unable to use the edit facility which has the options to replace field, swap field or copy field. Just to clarify....I am able to isolate the 2000 contacts out by a process of elimination but it takes around 30 to 45 minutes each time, so I am wanting to streamline the process and just press the id status "regular emailer" tab button to have these 2000 contacts come up, so I can send them emails regularly. ACT Version 17 hotfix 2 My database is on my local machine Operating System Windows 10 Pro Any assistance would be most appreciated Kind regards mifs
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Copy id status change to multiple contacts

[ Edited ]

It is not necessary to use the ID / Status field

It can be as follows:

1. Create a YES / NO field that is called REGULAR EMAILER
2. In the contact list, add this field to this list next to the field Contact
3. In the same contact list, use the EDIT MODE to mark the desired contacts in the REGULAR EMAILER field.
4. Then finish with the EDIT MODE so that this change is saved
5. Create a GROUP that is called REGULAR EMAILER
6. In the Group, in the Contacts tab - Click on Add / Remove Contacts ... Add the contacts by means of a CRITERIA ... Use the field REGULAR EMAILER - EQUAL TO = True
7. With this group you can do a marketing campaign through Act! Emarketing

I suggest that Before everything makes a backup of the database.

...If this answered your question, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION - Best regards and Good luck

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

This video on YouTube gives you an idea of what I wrote in my previous suggestion...

CLICK HERE

...If this answered your question, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION - Best regards and Good luck

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted

I had considered your solution and identified that adding another item to ID Status would yield a better result. Your suggestion had me identifying the contacts with a yes or no which was faster than the id status box, however the latter allowed me to do 360 per hour. This took 8 hours for the relevant contacts but was worth it as I now have ACT where I want it, avoided groups and overall am much happier with this outcome. I was wondering if you were able to assist me with another small problem I have. I have a 2 monitor system with my laptop eg Laptop and separate monitor which gives me 2 screens to work with. When I open ACT sometimes it seems to open the program in a compressed screen, whether I am in dual screens or just the laptop screen. I have attached a print screen of the issue and would appreciate if you were able to shed some light on it please. I have previously provided my computer info but list it again for convenience My database is on my local machine Act! Pro Version 17.2.217.0, Hot Fix 2 Windows 10 Pro 64bit operating system x64bit based processor Computer:- Toshiba Portege R30 -A i7
Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Another alternative to insert an option in ID/Status field  without removing data is to use Append which is a Free Act Addon found here https://www.xactsoftware.co.nz/free-act-addons/#5

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog