Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Copy and Paste - History and Notes Act 11

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Copy and Paste - History and Notes Act 11

When I copy and paste information into the Record History or Insert Note dialogue box the text font and size remain the same as the text I originally copied.  This means if I copy text from an article that is Times Roman 12 point, the text will paste into Insert Note or Record History as Times Roman 12 point and not the dialogue box's default setting of Microsoft Sans Serif 8 point. So, I spend a lot of time highlighting and changing pasted text to Microsoft Sans Serif to retain a consistent look in my database.  Does anyone have any idea how I can copy an original font/size and have it paste as Microsoft Sans Serif 8 point?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Copy and Paste - History and Notes Act 11

There is a free shareware program called PureText that we regularly install for our clients with ACT!

PureText offers the option to paste TEXT ONLY using a Windows-V keyboard (customizable) alternative.   It's a great tool for stripping format from text copied from websites, emails and other notes and keeps our customers very happy.

Google it.

Paul Marentette
ACT! Certified Consultant
paul@teamuptime.ca

SOLUTIONS FROM TEAM UPTIME

View solution in original post

All Replies

Unfortunately, there isn't an option to force the formatting.

Please submit a feature request to be considered in a future version - http://www.act.com/community/feature/

Platinum Elite Contributor

The Note and History details use rich text format (RTF). Any source that copies as RTF will retain the formatting when pasted into Notes or History details.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

There is a free shareware program called PureText that we regularly install for our clients with ACT!

PureText offers the option to paste TEXT ONLY using a Windows-V keyboard (customizable) alternative.   It's a great tool for stripping format from text copied from websites, emails and other notes and keeps our customers very happy.

Google it.

Paul Marentette
paul@teamuptime.ca

Copper Contributor

What a great tool!  I am soooo happy now....at least for the immediate time being.  Thank you!

Copper Contributor

Awesome, thank you so much for posting this. I do a ton of copying and pasting into the notes section and I can't even tell you how something so small makes such a large difference. Now if ACT would just get with it and add this feature automatically...
Bronze Super Contributor

Glad to help with this recommendation. 

Puretext is such a valuable paste utility in ACT! plus Word, Outlook and so many other places too that I have it load automatically with Windows by putting a copy of the shortcut in the Windows Startup group.

I use version 2 available free from http://SteveMiller.net/PureText and though his site doesn't mention it, Puretext works great in Windows 7 too.

Paul Marentette
paul@teamuptime.ca