Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Copy Cut notes and history between contacts

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Copy Cut notes and history between contacts

Hi,

Previously in Act, I was able to copy/cut note and history between contacts and since upgrading to 2009 have not able to do this. A lot of my usrs use this feature and it really frustration. Is there anyway around this or an Addin I may purchase.

Thanks

Michael.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author 5pinx
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Copy Cut notes and history between contacts

You could do this in Version 6 with Copy and Paste, however, it is done differently in Version 7 onwards.

While the note or history item is open, to the right of the Contact field there is a Contacts button, Select this and then from the left side list, select the other Contact names and add them to the Right side list. Select OK and then OK. The note/history will now be associated with multiple contacts.

You can edit the note/history (if you have the correct permissions) and changes can be applied to that Contact entry or all Contacts associate with the entry.

Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author 5pinx
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

You could do this in Version 6 with Copy and Paste, however, it is done differently in Version 7 onwards.

While the note or history item is open, to the right of the Contact field there is a Contacts button, Select this and then from the left side list, select the other Contact names and add them to the Right side list. Select OK and then OK. The note/history will now be associated with multiple contacts.

You can edit the note/history (if you have the correct permissions) and changes can be applied to that Contact entry or all Contacts associate with the entry.

Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au

Simple instructions that worked perfectly.

Thanks Neil.

Hi Neil,

I thought you instructions would work well with one of our current business processes, but it seems that it wont. Let me explain. Previously we would use the copy functionality to copy say a History with a result of "Call Left message" and some text in the details area. This would be stored in the clipboard. Say if with the next client we called we also left a message, we would then use the paste function. This history item would say in the clipboard, and would make it very easy to paste at will into any contact, depending on the outcome of the call. Is there any way of getting this type of functionality back, or some workaround or add-in?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Michael. 

Copper Contributor

Notes & History was briliant in Act 3 to 6, downside was that all the fonts were set to the same in tools/preferences (great).. upside was that i could copy names and addresses from a web page or document into notes then move individual lines into contact fields, now in 8 to 11 with this annoying notes editor it is not possible without closing the editor. why can we not have it remailn open until we close it.. Also this takes the text attribute and puts it into the notes field, giving me more work to revert it back to a standard set. otherwise it just looks untidy ( i am the only person here to use ACT )