Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Copy Calendar To Outlook crashes Outlook midway through the process

Copy Calendar To Outlook crashes Outlook midway through the process

I have recently had to resinstall my outlook due to a corrupted calendar during a syncing useing 123-Sycronisaton between Iphone, ACT and Outlook. I have had to rebuild my Outlook pst file. Now when I try to Copy the Calendar from ACT to Outlook, midway through the process my Outlook crashes and I have to bring back a backup of my Outlook PST file. Happens every time. Suspect a corrupted db file in ACT. Anyone know how I can fixt this?

Gary

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Copy Calendar To Outlook crashes Outlook midway through the process

Gary,

Run maintenance from ACT! Diagnostics. Instructions are in KB 19642. In addition, to the repair and rebuilds listed in the KB, also run run Database Fixes/Activities/Fix Known Activity Data Issues from within ACT! Diagnostics. I would also advise you run maintenance on Outlook. For Outlook 2002-2003, it would be Help/Detect & Repair and for Outlook 2007 is would be Help/Office Diagnostics.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you Greig. I have followed all of these steps in the document you suggested. I then attempted to copy the ACT calendar into the Outlook 2003 again. Same thing happens. The themometer gets about 1/2 the way through and then crashes. Any other thoughts?

Gary

The problem still occurs. I have a new computer. Windows7 . New install of ACT2010, new Office 2007 with Outlook. From scratch new database. All new calendar entries in Outlook. Outlook syncs fine with Iphone. Once I try to "copy database" from ACT to Outlook, midway through the process Outlook crashes (same thing it did before) and then I cannot open Outlook until I restore the PST file that I have backed up before I did this. Makes no sense but somehow Act is corrupting my Outlook PST file. I have tried all the steps outlined in the posts on this subject! I am stumped and my just have to not use ACT. What a waste!!

Gary

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! is not known to corrupt Outlook .pst files, but the issue may be with your current .pst. Try creating a new Outlook profile and seeing if the same issue occurs.

The issue may also be with the ACT! database. Try running the following maintenance:

- In ACT!, go to Tools/Database Maintenance/Check & Repair and run the utility

- Then, close ACT!

- From your Start menu, type actdiag in the Search box

- When ACT! Diagnostics opens, go to Databases/Database List

- Highlight your database, right-click on it and select Database Rebuilds...do the first 4 rebuilds one at time.

- When done, right-click again and select Database Fixes/Activities/Fix Known Activity Data Issues

- Right-click again and select Reindex. Close ACT! Diagnostics

You can also test database integrity by testing the calendar copy in the demo database (ACT2010Demo).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I  have tried all that you suggest with a new profile and the same problem exists. I suspect that even when I remove ACT from my computer that there are elements still there and that when I reintall ACT those are not fixed and something is broken in the Registry. I know when I reinstall all the info about the S/N is still there. I will need to probably find away to remove every element from the registry that ACT put on in the first place. I have no way of knowing how many components are still registered.

Thanks for the information...just did not work.

Gary

Copper Contributor

I have been experiencing the same problem with my Act 2010 and Outlook 2007.  They were syncing fine for a while and now Act corrupts Outlook's calendar everytime I do the sync and.  I would have to create a new PST file in order to restore Outlook's functionality.

I purchased ACT mainly because of the integrated email marketing.  Even with so many bad reviews about the instability of the program I thought I was tech-savvy to deal with the problems.  Now after some experience with it and reading many user issues on this forum I really don't know how a typical sales professional can deal with the headaches of crashs and re-installs (not only with Act, but with also Outlook AND Windows?). 

And worst of worst,  Sage is already moving on to version 2011, when the current and previous versions are crashing and burning?  I am really flabbergasted by their business model.  Even as sleazy as Microsoft with its incremental features upgrade strategy, it doesn't just release a couple "hot fixes" on each version to flummox the users that they are supporting the software.

As one of the users stated in another post, I am ready to leave this endless money and time-consuming pit!

Bronze Contributor

I have a client experiencing the same issue, except it's Outlook 2003 so it's not related to 2007 in any way.  This was working fine and then stopped.  Copy activities over to Outlook and calendar crashes.  Every time.  Client is new to ACT and now wondering if he needs to move on.  I'll keep looking but really need to know what is going on.
Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi,

Maybe I can add a little help to this matter.

I use to run ACTDiag in regular basis (as a matter a fact I back up my files dally right after running database check and repair.

But concerning to Outlook sometimes I also have problems. To solve this I use to run "SCANPST". This is an Office application aimed to fix common problems in Outlook pst files.

It could help you. I don´t use to have problems with integration.

Another good application for Outlook is "Backup for Outlook" files. You can download from Microsoft website. You can also program it to run every, lets say seven day.

That´s the way I do and don´t use to have problems.

Hope this helps.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE

I am having the same problem.  I just installed act 2010 on my Win 7 laptop, with Outlook 2007.  And I just reinstalled Outlook 2007.  I cannot sync/ integrate my outlook appointments to Act.  The only appointments that sync are the ones I entered after I installed ACT.  Which is weird and why I have to believe it is an ACT issue, not my PST.

Any ideas?  Help?

Worse case I just enter all my outlook appointments into Act manaully, but that would be a big pain and take alot of time.