Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Converting my ACT 6.0 database to ACT 2012 Professional

Converting my ACT 6.0 database to ACT 2012 Professional

Hi I have been using ACT 6.0 on my XP machine for a while now, but I would like to move my database to ACT 2012 Professional which is on my Windows 7 (64bit) machine. At this point it isn't letting me map the fields that I have set up in ACT 6.0 and my notes aren't importing either. Does anyone know why this is happening and if there is a solution/workaround for it?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Converting my ACT 6.0 database to ACT 2012 Professional

Copper Contributor

Mike:

I have the same issue as the OP.   Your link talks about ACT 2010.  Is there an issue with ACT 2012?  My notes and my activities are not coming over in the import.

Copper Contributor

I repaired the data as you suggested on the website.   First run I got all green checks.  Still no notes and no activities were brought over.

Bronze Contributor

Personally I have had issues since version 8 and still do all of my version 6 conversions to version 8 first and then up to a later version FWIW

If it is the notes and histories the it is most likely a corruption in your version 6 database and these can be difficult to diagnose. If you want your database converted when you have exhausted all options then drop me an email directly as it may be worth getting this converted externally if you have spent too much time on the subject.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Thanks Paul...  I'm not at the end of my rope yet.   I'll let you know.