Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Converting an Act! database to Microsoft Business Contact Manager

Converting an Act! database to Microsoft Business Contact Manager

I'm trying to convert an Act! database to Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager(BCM).  I get an error message in the Outlook BCM conversion wizard "ACT! Internal Error.  ACT! responded in an unexpected manner.  Verify that the ACT! database and application are working together.  If the problem persists, you will need to fix the ACT! database or software before data can be retrieved."

I also get an error message each time I open the Outlook BCM that I suspect is related to this.  The message is "The Add-in "ACT! 2005 Extensions" (C:\WINDOWS\system32\ACT7 Ext.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook.  Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update.  If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in".

Any help would be much appreciated!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Converting an Act! database to Microsoft Business Contact Manager

For the conversion error, you might need to contact Microsoft about it... not sure how they're reading the ACT! data.

The second error is just that Outlook has the ACT! email connector disabled and wouldn't be related

Whatever happened here? I am going the other direction as BCM is very unstable. Four DB crashes in 12 months; slows the laptop to a crawl as PST and SQL filles slash to communicate
Platinum Elite Contributor

joelava wrote:
Whatever happened here? I am going the other direction as BCM is very unstable. Four DB crashes in 12 months; slows the laptop to a crawl as PST and SQL filles slash to communicate

Yes, these are pretty common with BCM.  The areas that cause most issues for ACT! (.Net and SQL) are the same in BCM.

The only real reason for going with BCM is if the site is dedicated to only using Microsoft products irrespective of the quality.