Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Converting Syncing Outlook Contact Database to ACT!

Converting Syncing Outlook Contact Database to ACT!

I just changed phones atnd computers and upgraded to ACT PRO 2012.  I sync the Blackberry to the computer and contacts go into Outlook.  I can't get the contacts from Outlook to ACT.  I used Companion Link Express but they said it's and issue with ACT and ACT said it's an issue with Companion Link.

Thoughts? 

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Converting Syncing Outlook Contact Database to ACT!

ACT Pro 2012 will sync with Outlook without a third party add-on.  Tools|Synchonize with Outlook.

Which version of Office are you using?

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP
Platinum Elite Contributor

sync'ing to Outlook, then to a phone will always (eventually) end up either duplicating or losing data) ... best to sync ACT! directly to the phone with something like Handheld Contact and, if you want sync separately to Outlook in one direction (ACT! to Outlook only)

My laptop was corrupted from a virus. 

My phone has all of the contacts from syncing.  I also just went out and got a new phone that the contacts were trasferred into the phone.

I am using a new laptop and a new phone.  I purchased ACT 2012.  I am trying to  to get all of the contacts that are in the phone into the new version of ACT.

If there is a software to use?  The database is in the phone and I don't know how to get it into the new version of ACT.

Copper Elite Contributor

I believe that Act! consultants often recommend Handheld Connect.

http://www.handheldcontact.com/?g=y

You could also sync your device with Outlook and then do a one-time sync with Act! to get your contacts back into Act!.

Mark Rogers
Copper Elite Contributor

Sorry, I meant Handheld Contact, not Handheld Connect.

Mark Rogers