Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Converting Database from REA 8 to ACT 2010

Converting Database from REA 8 to ACT 2010

Hello,

We have a client who currently uses REA Contact Managment 8 and is sick of it.  He has purchased ACT 2010 to go along with his new computer, and we need to get the database imported into the new program.

I have looked through all the options in REA, and don't see any way to go about exporting data.   We won't actually have the ACT software to insall on the system until later this afternoon.

Would prefer to not have to purchase an ACT support contract.

Any help that can be offered would be appreciated.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Converting Database from REA 8 to ACT 2010

I'm not familiar with a direct program to program import, hopefully an ACC will know/provide one.  In the REA program, see if it has the ability to export to a Text Delimited, CSV, or Excel file.  Without an add-on to do the transfer of data for you, you will need a file in one of these formats (Excel to be saved as CSV) to import into your Act! database.

For more information on the Act! import wizard visit this article: Import CSV/Text Delimited File into Act! Database

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Converting Database from REA 8 to ACT 2010

Hmm... There isn't any export ability that I can find in any of the menus in the REA program.  I just contacted REA and was told that the version that our client is using was discontinued 5 years ago, and they will offer no support for it.