Do you mean 

Converting Act v4 data base to Act v17

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Converting Act v4 data base to Act v17

This is a message for Garry W

Hi Garry,

I have again a question for you.

I am trying to convert a Act v4 data base to Act v17.

On one laptop I was able to convert the Act v4 data base to Act v16. (My assumption is that I need to go the same route as with the conversion of the Act v7 data base). After converting the data base I was able to open it in Act v16. After that from Act v16 I created a copy of the data base on an external hard disc, from the external hard disc copied the data base to my new laptop with Act v17 on it.

When I try to open the data base with Act v17 I get the message that the old computer can not be reached because the IP Address has not been cleared.

What can be done here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Nikolai

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎02-09-2016 08:50 AM
Administrator

Re: Converting Act v4 data base to Act v17

[ Edited ]

Hi Nikolai,

It sounds like the database was moved without the proper preparation needed. This can be resolved in a few different ways.
If you open the .PAD file in a text editor, you should be able to see the old computers name in the host= section. Change this to the name of the machine hosting the database, then try opening the database again.

If this doesn't work, check out our Knowledgebase article on the subject of moving databases, which should guide you though the process.
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30304

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎02-09-2016 08:50 AM
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Nikolai,

It sounds like the database was moved without the proper preparation needed. This can be resolved in a few different ways.
If you open the .PAD file in a text editor, you should be able to see the old computers name in the host= section. Change this to the name of the machine hosting the database, then try opening the database again.

If this doesn't work, check out our Knowledgebase article on the subject of moving databases, which should guide you though the process.
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30304

Hi Gary,

It worked, thanks very much!

Best regards,

Nikolai

Administrator

Awesome!

Glad I could help.