Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Converting Act for Financial Professionals version 11 to ACT Pro

Copper Elite Contributor

Converting Act for Financial Professionals version 11 to ACT Pro

Are there any gotchas or issues converting from AFFP version 11 to ACT Pro (not FP) 2011?  Customer doesn't need all of the extra fields and needs to integrate with Office 2010.  He doesn't have data in the custom fields so I know this isn't an issue.

Cindy Kool, ACC
Training Solutions, Inc
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Converting Act for Financial Professionals version 11 to ACT Pro

Hello ckool,
He will of course lose the added functions in AFFP, but the custom layout and the custom fields will convert over. I would advise uninstalling AFFP first instead of doing an overinstall of 2011 to ensure the AFFP plugins are removed.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

One big one. AFFP will not allow a save as to the standard or pro version of the ACT! program. You would need to first get the trial version of ACT! 2011 premium, conver to that version then save the database to the pro version and uninstall the premium version and install the pro version and open the database.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

That is if you are using the premium version of AFFP. If not, then this would not be an issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Super Contributor

Cindy - I just went through this with a client also.

All she did was make a backup of the database in the FP version and then she restored it using Pro 2011...

No issues at all.