Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Converting Act 6 files from one computer to Sage ACT Pro 2011 on another computer.

Converting Act 6 files from one computer to Sage ACT Pro 2011 on another computer.

Can someone please walk me through this?  I have backed up my files from ACT 6, and need to rebuild the database on ACT PRO 2011 on a different computer.  I tried to convert the files, but not sure if it worked and don't know where to retreat them.

Thank you.

Re: Converting Act 6 files from one computer to Sage ACT Pro 2011 on another computer.

Anyone able to assist? Thank you.
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Converting Act 6 files from one computer to Sage ACT Pro 2011 on another computer.

Hello Samson100,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

When you open Sage ACT! 2011, it will indicate the name of the database in the upper left corner (Sage ACT! - 'databasename').  Are you opening the converted database?  If yes, is there something missing from the converted database (contacts, histories, templates, etc..) that have you wanting to reconvert it?

You didn't mention the method used to convert the V6 database, but here are instructions for the process: KB Article 26761

If data within the V6 database did not convert correctly, you may need to start the conversion process over and include running maintenance on the V6 database before attempting the conversion.  Instructions are included in the article.

Greg Martin
Sage

[ Edited ]

Its easy as pie!

When installing ACT 2011 there is a pdf file called  UPGRADING FROM ACT! 3.X THROUGH 6.X  in the ACT installtion folder on your PC.

Follow the simple, step by step instructions given in the PDF guide and it works like a charm.  Suggestions in various forums about converting to Excel or to CSV files, contacting consultatns etc are perhaps a waste of effort/money, probably don't work anyway.

In ACT 2011 you have to ask for FILE>>OPEN and point to the older dbf file to be restored.  Only make sure you select the correct drop down for the file type as ACT3.x to ACT6.x or else you won't be able to see the older dbf file.