Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Converting Act! 6 database to Act! Pro 16

Converting Act! 6 database to Act! Pro 16

Hi,

I am trying to convert the sample database provided with Act! 6.0 to Act! Pro v16 (trial version) on a PC running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits and the following message appears:

A procedure imported by ´AdalWrapper.dll´ could not be loaded

After that no conversion is done.

Any suggestion?

Regards.

Silver Contributor

Re: Converting Act! 6 database to Act! Pro 16

[ Edited ]

Try following the steps here.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25646

(edited to update kb link)

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

We are considering finally upgrading our Act 6.0 to the most current version, Act v 16.  How do I get a sample version to test to see the difference in features between our old version and the current one?  Our old version must not be compatible with Windows 7 as I can no longer insert notes.  I also need to identify if there are more control features with regards to passwords.

Any advice as to which version to upgrade to would be the most efficient.  Cost of licenses for that version would be much appreciated as well.

Thank you very much. 

Nickel Super Contributor

http://www.act.com/products/

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

[ Edited ]

Did you ever sort out what the problem was? Because the posted replied do NOT solve this problem. The links are to something else.

I am trying to convert a Act! 6.0.3 database to Act! Premium 2013 on an XP Pro machine, and get the same error.

Error reads:
A procedure imported by "AdalWrapper.dll" could not be loaded.

The database conversion aborts. We are trying to migrate to Win 7.0 and need to make this Act finally work.

Coversion bombed on Act! 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 also. Tried all versions and problem persists. Still barfs. That is why we are still on Act. 6.0. The most stable version ever made. We have been users of Act since 1988 (Version 1.0).

I was hoping that Sage or whoever now owns Act would get their act together and fix these database coversion problems.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

The main reason that an ACT! 6 database fails to convert is because the database has internal corruption. Sometimes the corruption can be cured by doing an export in ACT! 6 to an empty copy of the database. Otherwise you would need to send the database to a repair service (several ACCs including Techbenders has such a service).

An ACT! 6 database could have internal corruption and still work provided you didn't happen to use the part of the database where the corruption was.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your help.

Well, the problem is not with the 6.0 database. It is with Act! 2013.

I have about 20 various databases in 6.0, and they all behave the same way when trying to convert them. The bug appears.

Highly unlikely that they would all be corrupt. And we use almost every feature available with Act, so again highly unlikely that some part of the database is corrupt. And just to make sure it is not, we used actdiag and reindexing too.  

I even copied them down from our network storage to the local HD's default Act database directory, so as to eliminate the possiblity of network bias.  No change.

And I tried your suggestion of exporting the contents of a database to a fresh empty copy (database>export> new named database). This also failed to aleviate the bug.

Something is very wrong.

The Conversion Wizard in V15 (2013) barfs on step 2 of 4, and throws up the error code I detailed before. No matter which database I try to convert.

Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Dorf,

I've found this message which might help:

Error: "Error 2337 Could Not Close File. Get Last Error" or "Fatal Error 2337, adalwrapper.dll Could Not Be Closed" When Installing ACT! by Sage
Answer ID 25646   |    Published 10/15/2009 12:04 PM   |    Updated 10/30/2013 01:09 AM

You have attempted to install ACT! by Sage when you get either of the following error messages: 
  • "Error 2337 could not close file. Get last error."
  • "Fatal Error 2337, adalwrapper.dll Could Not Be Closed"

This issue is known to occur if the media used for install is damaged. If you have already downloaded the full version of ACT!, delete the files that were unzipped from the previous download. After you have deleted the existing files, unzip the files again, then attempt to install.

For Microsoft® Windows Vista® and Windows® 7 operating systems, you can also attempt to resolve this issue by running the installation with the 'Run as Administrator' option, disabling User Account Control (UAC, or installing while logged into Windows® under the built-in Administrator account.

• To run as Administrator: Right click on the installation file Setup.exe and select Run As Administrator

• For instructions on how to disable UAC, please see one of the following Knowledgebase articles:

How to Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista®
    Answer ID: 20220

How to Change or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows® 7 & Windows Server® 2008
    Answer ID: 25665

• For instructions on how to enable the Windows Built-In Administrator account, please see the following Knowledgebase article:

Title: How To Enable the Built-In Administrator Account in Windows Vista® and Windows 7
    Answer ID: 21797

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Hi David,

The info you posted was in one of the links provided at the start of this thread.

I looked at it already.

Mine is a completely different issue.

Different error message also that the one you posted. 

Mine has nothing to do with CLOSING adalwrapper.dll. In my case adalwrapper.dll can not LOAD a "procedure".

I had ZERO problem installing Act! 2013. Works fine.

But the problem is that it will NOT import a v6.0.x database. That is when the error pops up.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Like it or not, most ACT! 6 databases convert with no problemsm I've converted many myself. That means the problem has to be with the databases you're trying to convert or it's caused by a conflict with another program you have installed. In most cases I wouldn't make this offer but if you will backup one of your databases and send it to me I will try to convert it on my system.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129