Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Converting ACT! Premium Database to ACT! 2008 databae

Converting ACT! Premium Database to ACT! 2008 databae

Can someone help? I am trying to convert an ACT! Premium Database to a standard database so I can upgrade to ACT!2008. When I tried to copy as (as instructed), it will NOT allow me to save onto a removable disk. When I tried saving onto my HDD, it says i have to use a drive in my system.. BUT, THE HDD IS IN MY SYSTEM. Thank you very much for any assistance. Best regards, Lou
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Converting ACT! Premium Database to ACT! 2008 databae

You need to Save As to the HDD, then back it up to the removable media. SQL databases should not be written to removable media

This is great!! now I can ditch my ACC's and get all the help I need for free!!! yahoo!!

THANK YOU SAGE!!!

There are many areas where having a relationship with an ACT! Certified Consultant will give you advantages and help you avoid issues that a forum like this simply can't.

It shouldn't be an either/or situation

why pay a consultant that cost more per hour than the software when we already paid for the software and it should work with out a bunch of flaming hoop jumping?

besides, most consultants don't know whats wrong anyway, they just call tech support or spend hours figuring stuff out that they should already know or that we can figure out on our own for free in places like this.

I love  that sage built this place, and think it's about time!

so THANK YOU SAGE, AGAIN!!!

I'd say "some consultants" are like that... certainly not most.

I'm not an ACC (they have a tag in their icon here so you know), but getting them to set up installs and sync, etc can save most users a lot of time and effort later in the process.