Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Converting ACT 2000 to merge into custom 2009 v 11 database

Converting ACT 2000 to merge into custom 2009 v 11 database

I have a new  and empty ACT 2009 V11 database with customized fields and am trying to import records from a customized Act 2000 Database.   In the process of conversion when I am on the custom map window my custom Act 2000 fields are available on the left drop down but the act V11 field choices are the standard out of box ones, not the custom fields I created on the empty v11 database.  Help -  

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Converting ACT 2000 to merge into custom 2009 v 11 database

Thank You for the help.  When I start the conversion here's what's happening...I go to set up assistant (2 0f 6)  - hit Convert Database button - In Database conversion -locate act2000 database- click next then im stuck -  immediately see Database Conversion window (2 of 5)with standard conversion checked (not displaying custom conversion button) and a "Copying database" scroll bar active in front.   Shortly afterward,The database conversion window changes to include the custom conversion button and another window pops up to Log on to .dbf.  So am I supposed to wait for the "copying Database"scroll bar to finish.  I waited about 45 minutes and got impatient -bypassed and selected the
custom conversion button and logged on... Select custom conversion... To ACT Database conversion window (5 of 9)
where I am sort of back where I started- I can select my act2000 fields in the drop down on the left but the 2009 field options are fixed address city etc... .??  

Platinum Elite Contributor

Why would you need a custom conversion?
That's really only for users who have used fields in the contacts for additional addresses and secondary contacts.