Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Converting 6.0 to ACT!2012 Pro question

Copper Contributor

Converting 6.0 to ACT!2012 Pro question

I'm a trial and error and redo kind of guy.

If I try to open a 6.0 database in ACT!2012 Pro, and encounter some problem with notes, activities, and the mapping of some user fields... is it easy enough to just delete the database and try the conversion again ... and again.. until I get it right?  OR, are there some lingering files or SQL issues from a deleted database that might create more problems?  Do I need to study hard to get it right on the first try?

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Converting 6.0 to ACT!2012 Pro question

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the quick answer Mike.  I'll find my way through and come back here to the community if I can't find answers I might need in the knowledge base.

Bronze Contributor

Good luck with that and having done 30-40 myself suggest you make sure to set aside at least a full day and there are some real issues when jumping so many versions. Given I have the tools, knowledge and experience may I offer a couple of tips

a) Set yourself a time limit as I have had a couple of clients spends days on this type of conversion, maybe you can maybe you a time limited. Speak with a local consultant.

b) Make sure at each stage you can do some checks

c) keep regular backups whenever posible

Best of luck

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Thanks Paul, good suggestions.