Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Converted act 2000 to 2012 NO NOTES

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Converted act 2000 to 2012 NO NOTES

[ Edited ]

OK had PC win xp new PC with win 7 64 bit. Saved ACT 2000 data base files. Went through conversion so act 2012 could use the data base It seemed to work ok all contacts there plus list of activities I need to do such as call this place or that place. BUT I have no NOTES at all ZERO. So I have no clue on what I talked about or what I have sold these places in the past. Is there anything I can do??

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author dc9mm
‎06-10-2017 07:01 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Converted act 2000 to 2012 NO NOTES

No idea what that means about the notes you posted above?

It doesn't matter any more I installed ACT 2000 on My Windows 7 64 bit system without a problem. Once installed I opened database I saved from old system and everything is there Notes and all. ACT 2012 just cant read the old database so completely useless program too me.

Thanks for you trying to help even though it didn't work I appreciate the try.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Check the History, they should be there.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

There was nothing under history . This is a work PC so I will check again come Monday but iam 95 percent sure i clicked on history and nothing was there.

I  Will uninstall program reinstall and try importing dbf file again. I wonder if I cant get this to work I could uninstall windows 7 64 bit and put a 32 bit version of windows 7. I wonder if ACT 2000 will run on 32 bit version of Win 7 ?? I will only try this if I cant get my notes in ACT 2012. ACT 2000 was fine with me. I will only get 3 gig of ram to use if I go to 32 bit windows and there is 8 gig installed but if I have too I can live with that. I rebuilt PC myself so I can do what I need to it to make this work.

Check the filter settings for both Notes and History. Reinstalling the program would be a waste of time.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Went by work as its my brothers house. I looked at notes the ONLY filter setting I see in the notes area is set to all dates and all users. Still no notes or any history of any kind. All the contacts are there. Iam going to try on Monday to  install act 2000 and see if I can get it to install as I see some on this forum have had success with it. If that doesn't work I will try and install Win 7 32 bit were now I have win 7 64 bit installed. Then try ACT2000 as I have no other options with ACT 2012 unless you have another idea?  I also under TOOLS ,, Database maintenance  "check and repair" said all was good.

ACT! 2000 didn't have separate notes, they were recorded as history
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author dc9mm
‎06-10-2017 07:01 AM
Copper Contributor

No idea what that means about the notes you posted above?

It doesn't matter any more I installed ACT 2000 on My Windows 7 64 bit system without a problem. Once installed I opened database I saved from old system and everything is there Notes and all. ACT 2012 just cant read the old database so completely useless program too me.

Thanks for you trying to help even though it didn't work I appreciate the try.