Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Convert an ACT Contact Layout into an ACT Company Layout Act 2010

Convert an ACT Contact Layout into an ACT Company Layout Act 2010

[ Edited ]

I have the perfect Customized Contact layout, with multiple custom fields. I would like to copy that layout and use it as the company layout, I would probably delete one or two fields, not sure which ones yet.

Is there anyway to convert the contact layout to a company layout?

Thanks,

Joe

Message Edited by joeorlando on 06-13-2010 01:58 PM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Convert an ACT Contact Layout into an ACT Company Layout Act 2010

Hi Joe.  While I am not a technicial, I believe you will have to customize the companies by first creating the fields you want in the company view and the do the layout like the contact.  Unless there is an add-on, there is not automatic way to get this done.

The good news,though, if I'm wrong one of the more technical members of the community will respond with how to do that.

Good luck.

p.s. -- I had to do the same thing.  In fact, I wanted many of the company fields to show on the contact view, so I didn't have to jump between contact and the company.  that means I took advantage of the linking feature.  For example, if the company has 125 people and I'm working on a program that only kicks in when the company size is 500 or more, I need to have that information at hand when I'm talking to the contact.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit