Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Conversion from 6.0 to ACT 2012 Pro... perfect except;...Attachments

Copper Contributor

Conversion from 6.0 to ACT 2012 Pro... perfect except;...Attachments

Read a lot on here before I tried a conversion from ACT 6.0 on a Windows XP machine to ACT!2012 Pro on a Windows 7 (64 bit) machine.

It appears that on first try EVERYTHING went fine.... layout, templates, reports... user defined fields.. all records, with ONE exception.   Although I chose

"Convert attachments as files: This option will make copies of the files on your PC or network and place them in the Attachments folder."

They did not come over.  I have tried to copy and paste them all to the correct folder (Documents ??).. but they are still not recognized and I get this in each instance

"Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\ACT\Document\MyFile.DOC': the file is missing."

Thanks in advance.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Conversion from 6.0 to ACT 2012 Pro... perfect except;...Attachments

Copper Contributor

Thank you Mike, I read your (old - January 2010 ) company blog about conversion before I attempted.

Yes, that is where the files were located on the old machine.

Is there any way I can "point" to the files and move them so I don't have to redo the conversion for this one issue? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Not really, because if they aren't seen as available during the conversion, there are no links added to the SQL database to point to them.

An no, they wouldn't be in Documents, they'd be in Attachments.