Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Conversion error after updating to SP!

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Conversion error after updating to SP!

After installing ACT Pro 2013 SP1, I 'm asked to conversion the database.  After creating a backup, the conversion process starts but end with an error.  The is a link to see the XML error log, but when clicked, goes nowhere.  Any advise would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jshute@future-vision.us
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Conversion error after updating to SP!

Even though I I have administrator rights in windows, it doesn't give me SQL administartor right.  So I resolved this issue but running as administrator, and the updated schema when through.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello jschute,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. What is the error you get during conversion? Are you logged into your computer as an Administrator user? Is User Account Control disabled in Windows (if using Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

[ Edited ]

Thank you ghollister for your response.  After successful install of SP1, when opening my database, I get a message saying the database needs to be updated.  When I confirm, It gives option to backup, then starts the update.  I get a message "Exception occurred while executing the database Schema Update Script.  Contact your administrator for assistance".

There is also a link to view schema error log, but the link is broken, or takes me nowhere.

I'm on win XP, and the adminstator on the computer.  I plan to upgrade to win 8 as soon as all other software/drivers are ready.  Please advise.

Solution
Accepted by topic author jshute@future-vision.us
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Even though I I have administrator rights in windows, it doesn't give me SQL administartor right.  So I resolved this issue but running as administrator, and the updated schema when through.  Thanks.

Copper Super Contributor

Greg, I have seen this same message when converting some of my client databases.

Also the Backup pre conversion has been failing on some databases with a dupicates Error message.

(Note: the Attachements will not accept a .docx attachment which is the new standard for Word 2010 and 2013. Is the system being updated to cope with the new extensions?)

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello jpenney,
For this error, try running the steps from the "Alternate Solution" (SQL batch files) in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2814...

Be sure to follow the steps exactly and note that you may need to run the batch file more than once.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.