Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Conversion Problem

Re: Conversion Problem

Hi Guys,

I came across this one while trying to open an Act 2005 db wi act 2009:

*** Upgrading database to Schema Version 08.00.0101.0000 at 2008-11-09 19:35:31 ***
Altering table TBL_SYSTABLEKEY
The ALL permission is deprecated and maintained only for compatibility. It DOES NOT imply ALL permissions defined on the entity.
The ALL permission is deprecated and maintained only for compatibility. It DOES NOT imply ALL permissions defined on the entity.

*** Upgrading database to Schema Version 08.00.0107.0000 at 2008-11-09 19:35:31 ***
Altering table CTL_SYNCDBMAP_ROWSCHEMA
  Rebuilding indexes...
Altering table CTL_SYNCDBMAP_ROWDATA
  Rebuilding indexes...
Creating table CTL_SYNCDBMAP_ROWCOMPLETED
   setting metadata...
   setting Keys... 

*** Upgrading database to Schema Version 08.00.0110.0000 at 2008-11-09 19:35:31 ***
Altering table TBL_PICKLISTITEM
Msg 547, Level 16, State 1, Server \ACT7, Line 4
The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "PICKLISTITEM_PICKLISTID_FK". The conflict occurred in database "INFO4", table "dbo.TBL_PICKLIST", column 'PICKLISTID'.
The statement has been terminated.
PROCESSING ERROR OCCURRED IN BUILD 08.00.0110.0000!
Msg 50000, Level 15, State 1, Server Chronos\ACT7, Line 61
WORK WAS ROLLED BACK - EXITING FROM UPDATE!

FOOTER ENTRY TRANCOUNT = 0
Msg 50000, Level 25, State 1, Server Chronos\ACT7, Line 11
***** Update of database failed!  Exiting from update!
Msg 2745, Level 16, State 2, Server Chronos\ACT7, Line 11
Process ID 52 has raised user error 50000, severity 25. SQL Server is terminating this process.

Do you know how can I fix it ?Smiley Very Happy 

Thank you,

Dman

Platinum Elite Contributor

I don't know that error, but there have been a few databases that I have found convert better from 2005 by converting with the 2007 or 2008 trial and then converting the updated database to 2009.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Creating a new ACT 6 empty copy and then importing the data does normally fix these problems. There is somewhere a free utility that moves all ACT users across from the old ACT6 database to the new ACT6 one. (Anyone know where this can be downloaded?) This means all associations with note and History etc are retained.

Chip

Platinum Elite Contributor

Ch1p wrote:

Creating a new ACT 6 empty copy and then importing the data does normally fix these problems. There is somewhere a free utility that moves all ACT users across from the old ACT6 database to the new ACT6 one. (Anyone know where this can be downloaded?) This means all associations with note and History etc are retained.

Chip

Geoff Blood did CopyUsers - http://www.tnhg.com

It's not on his site, but if you need it, you might ask.

In regards to the error message

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "NOTE_CREATEUSERID_FK"  the conflict occurred in database "conv0703Contacts", table "dbo.TBL_ACCESSOR", column 'ACCESSORID'.  The statement has been terminated.

I have not seen a post on whether this was ever resolved. Two previous users reported this, I am the third, anyone solved it? The problem appears to a corrupt Notes/History section of the DBF. I have used all options in actdiag. It reports that I have a clean database but the error persists. I can convert all but our "primary" ACT2000 database and the others work.

Export/Import is not an option as too much data is lost. 

Solution: at least in the case of our database was to modify the Notes/History of the original database. It appears that someone had deleted a user who was the record manager of notes/histories and the admin did not assign these to another user. The database appears not to support integrity checking so these records were assigned to "<Unknown User>". This condition is not identified or fixed by actdiag.exe. These unknown record managers cause the foreign key constraint error on conversion.

We reassigned or deleted these records and the database imports to Act Version 10. 

Hi,

i have the same problem but with Act 11.

How did you found the corrupted records? How can you delete or reassign this records? 

[ Edited ]

Great post rjewett.  Saved me bigtime in a conversion from ACT! 4.0 to 11.0. The "foreign key" constraint/conflict was causing my conversion to terminate midway through.

I deleted my extra users and deleted extraneous attachments and my foreign key problem resolved itself.  Tonight, 40k records appear to have smoothly converted and I'm off and running with the much faster and feature rich version of ACT!.

Again, much thanks for the post. I was pretty panicky this morning and I can now go to bed and not have nightmares about losing my data.

I need to return the favor...

comfort... I logged in as administrator and deleted all other users while taking ownership of their info that had been created in "my" database over the years.  I was also able to print out the error file that had been created before my conversion termination and that helped me find attachments that were missing.  I then searched and deleted all of the offending unavailable attachment records. (Maybe unnecessary, but couldn't hurt)

I also displayed a "contact list" and added a column for "record manager".  I scrolled down the record manager column for my entire contact list searching for "unknown user" in this field ( it didn't appear to be sortable).  I deleted those records.  Probably an easier method exists and deleting the record entirely may be overkill, but it worked and I won't miss those records much.

Best of luck!

Message Edited by eireland on 02-16-2009 11:47 PM
Message Edited by eireland on 02-16-2009 11:48 PM

Hi there,

thank you for your answer! In our database are many unknown users as record managers and it's not easy to reassign manualy 10.000 records from 30.000. Does someone know a better method?

How can i delete an attachement? How can i find the attachements? 

Hi,

after cleaning our database from unknown user entrys i started a conversion again.

I become the following report and error:

"Updating database...

The picklist is missing for the field 'Home Postcode'. It will be populated with default data.

Converting Contacts...

29365 of 29365 converted.

Converting Users...

5 of 5 converted.

Converting Groups...

297 of 297 converted.

Converting Activities...

3831 of 3831 converted.

Converting Notes and Histories...

Unable to convert the attachment 'U:\Szilvi\Cimke\Cimke 41.lbl': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\papouch 008-01.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\pro qua 001-07.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\COR pro 001-07.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\rct70423.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\LAN\t-t vamkez.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\ipnetshare\ipn 70510 company meeting.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'E:\COMFORT\UZLETKOT\alppro-inv 070510.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'E:\COMFORT\UZLETKOT\alppro-inv 070510.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\whoiswho\birosag\whoiswho70418.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\whoiswho\birosag\whoiswho70418.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\sil70423.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\rct70423.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\SDD 001-07 pro.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\SDD 001-07 pro.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'E:\COMFORT\UZLETKOT\ipn70308 compensation.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\ipnetshare\ipn70308.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\Documents and Settings\szilvi\Dokumentumok\ACT\Document\Document51.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'E:\GABOR\FVF\fvf070130.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\birosag\whoiswho61218.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\TPI money transf.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\ipnetshare\ipnet open invoices.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\tpifax.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\sdd pro002-06.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\SCR pro 001-06.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\sdd pro001-06.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\ERS001-06 pro.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\UNYI\whoiswho60531.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\LAN\pro003-06.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\dat60522.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\EXPORT\dat60522.wpa': the file is missing.

Unable to convert the attachment 'C:\_UG\COMFORT\patchsee\pat60519.wpa': the file is missing.

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "NOTE_CREATEUSERID_FK". The conflict occurred in database "cmfnts2009_ok", table "dbo.TBL_ACCESSOR", column 'ACCESSORID'.

The statement has been terminated. "

And a lot more unable to convert message. How can i find this entrys? Or delete the attachements?