Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Conversion From ACT! 6 to ACT! 2012

Conversion From ACT! 6 to ACT! 2012

I have converted my old database from ACT! 6 to ACT! 2012 successfully, but I need to know what field in ACT! 2012 the field "ACTID" in ACT! 6 converted to.  Our software additions and databases in our business system used  "ACTID" to identify customers and we would like to continue using it.  Thanks for the help!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Conversion From ACT! 6 to ACT! 2012

Hello Btstom,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

The conversion from V6 to 2012 should include all fields from the original database.  It may be that the field is not showing on the layout, but is in the database.  To check this: go to Tools > Define Fields.  Look through the list of fields for Contacts.

If the field is in the list, it will need to be added to your layout through the Tools > Design Layouts > Contact option.  KB Article 15332

If the field does not show in the Define Fields list, it may have had a different field name with a label of ACTID.  One way to locate the actual field is to add all fields to the Contact List view using the View menu > Customize Columns option.  Then scroll across the fields until the appropriate data/field name is located.

Greg Martin
Sage

The field name in ACT! 6 was "CF_UniqueID", it was an unique ID assigned by ACT! for each contact.  I have done the things suggested and have looked at data in different fields to see if I could find it.  No Luck so far.  As all of our external data is keyed thru this ID number, it is important to us to be able to get at it in the newer version of ACT!  Thanks again.

Platinum Elite Contributor

The layouts don't have access to the Unique ID field but the reports do.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Is access to the "UniqueID" field available to me thru VB using the SDK? Once I have searched for and gotten my contact list, how would I view the "UniqueID" for each contact?  Thanks again!