Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Control Paste Does not work

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Control Paste Does not work

Ever since I applied SP 1, control paste, ctrl V, doers not work.  Any idea how to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Control Paste Does not work

Sure Greg...I was trying to copy a URL into a website field.  After posting I restarted my machine and it worked.  BUT before I restarted and before I tried to paste the URL what I did was to change my Windows 7 machine from 100% to 125% screen fonts.  When I did this is discovered that ACT STILL has a problem displaying correctly when one increases the system font size..  ACT has had this prob in past versions also.  So I reverted back to the standard screen fonts and THAT's when I noticed the prob with paste.  AS I stated...I restared the machine and no more paste problem.  Do you think this situation is related?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Can you be specific with where you are seeing this behavior?  What are you copying from and pasting into?
Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Sure Greg...I was trying to copy a URL into a website field.  After posting I restarted my machine and it worked.  BUT before I restarted and before I tried to paste the URL what I did was to change my Windows 7 machine from 100% to 125% screen fonts.  When I did this is discovered that ACT STILL has a problem displaying correctly when one increases the system font size..  ACT has had this prob in past versions also.  So I reverted back to the standard screen fonts and THAT's when I noticed the prob with paste.  AS I stated...I restared the machine and no more paste problem.  Do you think this situation is related?
Platinum Super Contributor

I would definitely put the screen resolution as the most likely cause of the problem.  Since Act! is designed to work with the 100% setting (96dpi), there can be unexpected behavior when it is changed to a higher percentage.  I'm glad to hear that resetting and restarting resolved your issue.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thanks Greg...please keep me in mind as a Bata tester for the next version of ACT.  I was a beta tester for 2010 last year. -Frank F.
Bronze Contributor

I've noticed this as a continuing problem.  The Ctrl-V stops working at some point throughout the day.  Today it stopped when I had a sudden halt to ACT - not sure what I did to cause it to abend.  After I restarted it, Ctrl-V stopped working but | Edit | Paste | worked just fine.

I rebooted Act once again later in the evening after the backup was completed and Ctrl-V started working again. 

This only happens in ACT and not in any of the Microsoft programs that I have running.

I'm offering this more as useful information than askin for a resolution.  Maybe when the slowness of clearing activities is fixed, this will be fixed too.  Isn't programming jus like magic?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit