09-08-2009 06:32 PM
I'm running ACT 2008 Version 10.0.3.182 on Windows XP. Some of my remote databases are running on XP, some on Vista. I did a lookup the other day on the last name Jackson and out of the 10 or so Jackson's, several had the first name of Betty. I know I don't have that many Betty Jackson's.
Tonight I did a lookup on the last name Clark and of the 14 Clark's, 7 of them have the first name Elizabeth. Again, I know that's not correct.
They all have unique addresses, etc. It's just the first names that are propagating. It's hard to communicate with customers when you mess up their first name.
09-09-2009 06:22 AM
09-09-2009 06:46 AM
09-09-2009 07:53 PM
09-10-2009 05:21 AM
We have seen a scenario where a user at a client site had customized the columns of his contact list view and this caused the company field to 'bleed' over into other records as the user moved through records.
It's a shot in the dark, but see if there is anything to that here. Reverting the contact list to a default view was the workaround. Out of about 15 machines at the location, only affected that one. Guessing it somehow has to do with the interaction with Act! and the particular video driver version on that one machine. just a guess...
09-16-2009 08:27 PM
It happened again tonight. Did a lookup resulting in 9 contacts. Went to the first one in Contact Detail view and changed a custom field. When I went back to List view, 2 other contacts now had the same first and last name as the contact I updated.
I went back to Contact Detail view and tried to page forward and backward but it wouldn't page. Did a Check and Repair and was able to page forward and backward but when I went to List view again, now 6 of the contacts have taken on the same first and last names.