Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contacts or Companies?

Tuned Listener

Contacts or Companies?

ACT 2007 I created all my stores as contacts..

But should I of created them as companies?? Each retailer has only one to two people we talk to.  But does this mess up anything else I can do, or am i shorting myself as far as getting the best out of act? 

Re: Contacts or Companies?

You can probably use the secondary contact option in the same contact to the add the additional contacts. Hope this helps.
Thanks & Regards
Uniquestart Technologies
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you actually want to email and/or track relationshop with multiple contacts, you need all the people to be full contacts
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have found that creating companies provides little value and added complication - it is useful when company addresses and main phone numbers change so you don't have to change contacts individually, but I don't use it.

I would just add both people as separate contacts, and use "Duplicate contact" to create the second record so that it copies the primary fields (address, etc). You definitely want each person you interact with as contacts instead of secondary contacts so you can record and track your conversations, correspondence and notes for each person. Secondary contacts are mostly used for admin assistants, etc, where you need to be able to remember a name but not correspond directly with those people.

Message Edited by ECSI on 06-02-2008 09:05 AM
Best Regards,

Chuck
Platinum Elite Contributor

Companies are also so that you can view all the Notes, histories, Sales Ops, etc for all the contacts at an account