Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contacts missing leading zero on mobile numbers

Tuned Listener

Contacts missing leading zero on mobile numbers

Hi,

I am not sure if this is an issue with Act or Companionlink software but my contacts are missing the leading zero from their phone numbers which means I cannot dial them via my google phone until I edit the number - not good when driving (hands free off course!)?

Looked at the settings for both Act and Companionlink and cannot seeany options - prob missed it or looking in the wrong place!

Any advice is gratefully accepte.

Thanks

www.PCease.co.uk - Affordable IT Support, PC/Laptop Repairs
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contacts missing leading zero on mobile numbers

You should probably check with CompanionLink to see how they handle international numbers.

If they do it correctly, it should drop the 0 and replace it with +CC (where CC = Country Code - 44 for you)

Copper Contributor

Look under the Phone Format tab in the CompanionLink setup wizard. There is a checkbox there for "Clear leading zero on phone numbers".

If you have the box checked, CompanionLink will keep the country code but strip off the leading zero for all international phone numbers. For intranational numbers, CompanionLink will keep the leading zero and strip off the country code.

Alternatively, you can just uncheck the box, but this may prevent international calls from dialing correctly.

Use the "Local country code" field to specify which country code is local (also under the Phone Format tab). All other country codes will be treated as international phone numbers.
Tuned Listener

I was looking in that area but was a little confused because this option was unticked, and 44 was entered into the local country code.

www.PCease.co.uk - Affordable IT Support, PC/Laptop Repairs