Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contacts deleted in Outlook are not deleted in ACT

Copper Contributor

Contacts deleted in Outlook are not deleted in ACT

I have defined a SyncSet to take advantge of the Outlook synchronization.

I thought that contacts deleted in ACT would be deleted in Outlook and viceversa, but:

1. If I delete a contact in ACT, it is deleted in Outlook (good)

2. If I delete a contact in Outlook, it is not deleted in ACT (bad).

Can anyone offer some help? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contacts deleted in Outlook are not deleted in ACT

Hello albergante,
This is the current design.
- ACT! contacts cannot be deleted from Outlook, since ACT! is considered the main contact database in the sync relationship. You can sync contact edits made in Outlook, just not deletions.
- If you delete a contact in ACT! and then the sync deletes that contact in Outlook, that contact will not sync back into Outlook in subsequent syncs.
- Synced contacts you delete in Outlook will not be synced back into Outlook by ACT!, even if you edit the contact in ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Greig,
First line - This is also to prevent a disgruntled user messing up the database too easily :-)
2nd line - If the contact is deleted, of course it can't sync back :-) Unless you just mean from the sync set?
3rd line - How about if you delete the meta files?
Platinum Super Contributor

Mike, that is correct:
2 - Contacts removed from Outlook by changing the sync set are not considered deleted and can be reintroduced into the synchronization by altering the sync set again.

3 - Yes, deleting the meta data files will allow contacts previously deleted from Outlook to be included in synchronization. However; this process also removes all previous tracking and the next synchronization is considered a brand new setup, introducing the possibility of duplicating contacts in both Sage ACT! and Outlook.
Greg Martin
Sage