Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contacts added dynamically to a group do not show up on the contact's group tab.

Copper Contributor

Re: Contacts added dynamically to a group do not show up on the contact's group tab.

I agree that group membership added manually and dynamically should be displayed together. The "Display Dynamic Group Membership" link does not exist for Act for Web users.

Is there any update or work-around for this problem by design?

Tuned Listener

Re: Contacts added dynamically to a group do not show up on the contact's group tab.

I am a new act user and thought it was cool  to be able to add contacts to a group dynamically..I was very disappointed to find out that I can't see them at a glance. It would be nice to have the option to view the dynamic contacts by default, without having to click on a button. I use groups to sort out members of a training class and when I call up a contact I would like to see what classes (groups) they are participating in.   It is not logical that they do not show as a group member in that view since they are members, regardless of how they were added!

I guess its a programmer..code thing so perhaps it is not possible.   

Steve

That may be true, but prior to the big language revision ( post Act 6.03), One could establish a group rule, which worked similarly to the dynamic  look up, however Group rules were run at a time proscribed by the user,i.e.. Daily, weekly etc, pro re nata. This methodology  added the contact to the group for good,

I also share the frustration. While looking at a contact I like to be able to see what groups they are in.