Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contacts Randomly Disappearing and OUtlook Synch doesn't move notes?

Contacts Randomly Disappearing and OUtlook Synch doesn't move notes?

[ Edited ]

I have a user using a local DB that is supposed to synch to a network DB. He has had contacts jump to double what we had (duplicates that were later removed) and then a drop 30-60 contacts from what he believes he should have.

Are there any blantant things I should be checking? This is frustrating as an IT person. I have never used ACT and this person is the only one having issues.

This is in Act! 2011Pro

Windows XP machine.

Thank you.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Contacts Randomly Disappearing and OUtlook Synch doesn't move notes?

Hello Maxdes,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Some things to look for:

Numbers increasing/decreasing -

- Is there a sync set defined for this user or are they set to sync all contacts?

- If there is s sync set defined, have there been changes to the contacts that would be included in the sync set?  ex: if using Record Manager to define which contacts will sync, have there been some mass changes to re-align contacts...

Duplicates -

- Does this user sync his database with any other programs?  ex: Outlook or a phone... (if sync to Outlook, do they then sync Outlook to a phone)

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Contacts Randomly Disappearing and OUtlook Synch doesn't move notes?

Thank you for the welcome!

I believe I have the synch setup for all contacts, but I can check. It does seem there are changes to some of the contacts. Address added, zip kid added thos kinds of things. Those also seem to make duplicates with one has an address and one doesn't.

As per outlook, yes he synchs with outlook, but I don't think it happens on his phone, just on the laptop.