Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contacts Error message: ACT! has encountered an error. Please Shutdown the applicatinn

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Contacts Error message: ACT! has encountered an error. Please Shutdown the applicatinn

Hello, I am using ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1.

Whenever I select a contact I get this error: ACT! has encountered an error. Please Shutdown the  applicatinn.

I have tried the dabase check and repair tool and have also done a uninstall / reinstall.

Does anyone have a clue to what my issue may be?

Thank you in advance!

Jim

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stewcrew
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Contacts Error message: ACT! has encountered an error. Please Shutdown the applicatinn

You uninstalled CRMADDON right?  Close ACT! and create a new folder on your desktop.  Move all the files in the plugins folder that start with CRM to folder on the desktop.  After moving the files, try to click your contacts.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Contacts Error message: ACT! has encountered an error. Please Shutdown the applicatinn

Do you get the error in the demo database?  Where are you selecting the contact?  Do you have any addons installed?

David,

No, it was not in the demo database,

I did have some addons installed so that I could link contacts to companies when importing a large database file. I was not having this problem until recently, but now that you mention it, I think the problem may have started when I recently removed the addon software... The addon software was causing popups when starting ACT so I got rid of it. I do not want this addon sofware any longer if I can help it.  I am not sure if I compleatley removed the software, but it is gone from the add/remove programs window.  I think the program is called CRMADDON's for ACT.

Thanks,

Jim

Can you give me a list of the files in the Plugins and Tools folder? The folders are located in C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows

Here they are:

CRMADDON Export

CRMADDON GroupIT

CRMADDON Import

CRMADDON OutreachIT

CRMADDON PowerSearch

CRMADDON Relateit

CRMADDON Report

CRMADDON ScanBuisnessCard

CRMADDON Tapi

CRMADDON TaskService

crmaddon-importservice-config.exe.licenses

CRMADDON_importservice_config.pbd

CRMADDON_TaskService.exe

CRMADDON_TaskService.pdb

CRMADDON_VOIPADDON.dll

CRMADDON_VOIPADDON.pdb

DataStreams.dll

Interop.CDO.dll

Interop.LinkDataWrapperLib.dll

Interop.Microsoft.Office.Interop.Exell.dll

Interop.Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll

Interop.Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.dll

Interop.SHDocVw.dll

LinkDataWrapper.dll

MaschCardScanClass3.dll

MaschCardScanClass3.pdb

toptapiV2.dll

CRMADDON_Dlls

AccountingLinkConversion.dll

Act.Devices.UI.plugin.dll

Act.Interop.SHDocVw.dll

Act.Survey.Plugin.dll

Act.UI.InternetExplorer.Plugins.AttachFile.dll

Act.UI.InternetServices.Plugins.dll

attachfile.ico

AxInterop.toptapiV2.dll

CRMADDON_ACT_AddOn_GroupIT.dll

CRMADDON_ACT_AddOn_GroupIT.pdb

CRMADDON_ACT_AddOn_OutreachIT.dll

CRMADDON_ACT_AddOn_OutreachIT.pdb

CRMADDON_ACTADDON_EXPORT.dll

CRMADDON_ACTADDON_EXPORT.pdb

CRMADDON_ACTADDON_IMPORT.dll

CRMADDON_ACTADDON_IMPORT.dll.licenses

CRMADDON_ACTADDON_IMPORT.pdb

CRMADDON_ACTADDON_POWERSEARCH.dll

CRMADDON_ACTADDON_POWERSEARCH.dll.licenses

CRMADDON_ACTADDON_POWERSEARCH.pdb

CRMADDON_ACTADDON_REPORT.dll

CRMADDON_ACTADDON_REPORT.pdb

CRMADDON_BCS.dll

CRMADDON_BCS.pdb

CRMADDON_ImportService_Config.exe 

Solution
Accepted by topic author Stewcrew
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

You uninstalled CRMADDON right?  Close ACT! and create a new folder on your desktop.  Move all the files in the plugins folder that start with CRM to folder on the desktop.  After moving the files, try to click your contacts.

David,

The problem is solved and ACT is running faster as well.

Thanks for tyhe help!

JIm Stewat

Great!  You can delete the folder on the desktop since you're not using CRMADDON.

David,,

I just encountered a new problem.  After installing from windows update: Hot fix for windows XP (KB954550-v2) last night.  I am no longer able to launch ACT. When I boox XP I get error message: Configurating system failed to initialize..  Then I get: The application has encountered an error and has been shutdown.  I have done a uninstsll / reinstall with no luck.  I also tried a system restore, but for some reason I have no restore points in the windows system restore utility.  I also tried to uninstall the update, but this update cannot be uninstalled.

Thanks,

Jim

I did a little research on what exactly the update is along with issues other users were experiencing.  I seems like majority of the issues were resolved by reinstalling .NET.  Frist try just removing Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and reinstall it from the Dependencies folder in the ACT! CD.  After reinstalling .NET, run machineconfigupdater.exe from C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows.