Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact screen print quality

Contact screen print quality

I'm running XP with ACT! 2009. I upgraded my monitor to a 22 inch for more desktop room. Now when I print a contact screen the print is "jagged" - not clean and smooth (especially the notes field). Is this a Windows' issue? Thanks for any suggestions.

Andy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact screen print quality

Are you using the large fonts or normal fonts setting in your video driver?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy -

I checked Control Panel -> Appearance & Themes -> display -> Appearance which was selected as "Normal". I can't seem to find a solution to give me a printed contact page where the print/font is smooth and clean. When I print a contact screen, how do I adjust the margins on the page?

Thanks for your help -

Andy

Platinum Elite Contributor

I went back to your original post and I realize that the monitor size you list is typical for a widescreen monitor. To print it in portrait mode, the aspect ration will get distorted and that is likely the cause of you problem. One thing you might try, when you go to print, in the printer dialog box you should be able to select landscape mode for the printout and see if that helps.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hey Roy - thanks for the suggestion. Landscape mode does print much better. So many things to look at and consider.