Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact reports not printing in same order

Contact reports not printing in same order

I am hoping that someone can please help me with this issue. I am running ACT 2010 and when I pull a list of contacts and sort them in the list view and then print a contact report, they are not printing in the same order that I sorted. They always print by last name, alphabetical order even though they are sorted by city and then by company. This is super frustrating!!!!

Another frustration that I have is when I pull up a task list and create a lookup from that task list, it does not create the lookup in the same order as the task list (sorted by date and time).

Any help on either topic is greatly appreciated!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact reports not printing in same order

The contact has a built in sort that overrides any presort. You would need to edit the report template and turn off the presort.

The task list sort you are referring to was an undocumentated capability of ACT! 6 and before. You can make a request for the feature.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy. How do I go about turning off the presort? I went into the report template but do not see where to do that.

Who do I make the request to in regards to the task list sort and if I make a request, will it be changed? A little confused by what you mean when making a request.

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

In edit template it's under Edit | Define Sections.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129