Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact remains in Group when it shouldn't

Contact remains in Group when it shouldn't

Hello,

Using ACT 11.

I created a group for Paying Clients that is populated dynamically when there is any data in the Payment Method field that I'd created. I just had a client cancel their listing with us, so I removed "Paypal" from the Payment Method field, and the contact still remains in the group?!?!?

If I'd added that client manually (static) when i set this up (I can't remember), would all the members still have to satisfy the Criteria specified, when I set up the dynamic rule?

Field Type = Contact

Field Name = Payment method

Operator = Contains Data

Value = Nothing (this seems contradictory)

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact remains in Group when it shouldn't

A contact that is added statically will not be affected by dynamic membership criteria. If they are added manually, they will have to be removed manually.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for the reply Greig. I must have added that contact statically.

Is there a way to find all the contacts that I 'grouped' statically? My dynamic rule should capture all the contacts that I want in the group.

If not, then I guess I have to go through everyone, one by one and ungroup them? Come to think of it though, if I do that, then they will be statically 'not in the group'. Will the dynamic rule catch them and put 'em back in the group? Hmmm. Maybe I should just delete the group and recreate it???

Thanks again.

Dan

Platinum Elite Contributor

Dan,

Unfortunately, there is not a report I know of that can break down the static and dynamic members. The only thing I can think of would be to add one of the fields used in your dynamic criteria to the "Contacts" subreport of the default Group Membership report, so you could see who was added based on that criteria. In regards to static members who also meet dynamic criteria, if you remove them from the static list, they will remain in the group since they meet the dynamic criteria.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Makes sense to me. Thank you Grieg!