Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact record is duplicated when I edit the record

Highlighted

Contact record is duplicated when I edit the record

I am using version 20 of Act Pro on Windows 10 for a private database.  When I update a contact record, i.e., change the email or phone, the database duplicates the contact portion of the record.  I then have to go back in and scan for duplicates and combine the two.  Any ideas?

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Contact record is duplicated when I edit the record

Hello David,

I did the same exercise, but I could not replicate the same result

Question: If you try to do the same with the DEMO database does the same thing happen?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

There is a utility that allows you to duplicate the contact information, but I do not think that is the reason for your problem

1.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

make Database  backup for more security, and put a copy of that ZIP file on a USB drive or external disk for more security)  FILE MENU - BACKUP - DATABASE Click on Browse to place this backup in your DOCUMENTS folder

2.png..

If your current version is 20.0, I suggest:

1. Uninstall Act! (this does not affect your database - but it is better to make Database  backup for more security

2. Download and install the V20 PRO version that contains Service Pack 1 and Update 7 CLICKING HERE

Open the database, allow it to be database updated to the new scheme of service pack 1

Restart the test with your database

I hope this solves your need

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted

Re: Contact record is duplicated when I edit the record

No, I have not tried to duplicate the error in the DEMO database and can look closer at that.  The version you're showing is correct but I'm Update 3 so may just need the additional updates.  No, you're right, I'm not trying to duplicate the contact, the system is duplicating it on its own when I change an email or phone number.  Can consider the uninstall and reinstall...  Thanks for your help!