Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact page not launching

Contact page not launching

When I start ACT the Contact Page is not launching, any ideas how to fix?

RE: Contact page not launching

[ Edited ]

When I log into ACT the only view I have is the "Alarm Page"  how do I get back to the contact page? Thanks for your help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact page not launching

[ Edited ]

Hello TurboMN,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. What exactly are seeing when you try to open your database? Was it opening fine before or has this always been an issue? Also, please specify what version of ACT! you are using (from Help > About ACT!).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for getting back to me.  I am using ACT 2010 with Windows 7; it has worked great up till today.  The only page that shows up on my screen after I entter my passord is the "Alarms" page that shows my task list

So just the alarm box is coming up. Are you able to snooze, clear, etc. any of the alarms? Does the number of alarms show?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I Have 39 alarms showing; I did a test to clear one and snooze one and they both worked

This may be due to damaged preferences. Follow the steps in the bottom half of this Knowledgebase article to manually rebuild your preferences file:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...

Greig Hollister

I did try uninstalling ACT and reinstalling and I still have the same problem.  Would reinstalling the software also correct the possilbe preference issue?

I tried manually rebuilding my preferences and it still doesn't work

Platinum Super Contributor

It sounds like the program is displaying outside of the monitor viewing area.  Here is an article with instructions for moving it back: KB Article 23807

Greg Martin
Sage