Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact name does not appear in Outlook

Contact name does not appear in Outlook

I was using Act 6.0 with Outlook 2007, quiet happily.  When I would snyc the two, the contact name (scheduled with) would appear in Outlook in () - this made it very easy to see the task and who it pertained to - Example:   Call (John Smith - ACT). 

I upgraded to ACT 11 today and when I sync with Outlook, the activity appears, but no contact name or reference, Example: Call

I need to click on the activity to see who it pertains to - is this an error ?? Is there a fix ???  It is extremely annoying.  Help

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact name does not appear in Outlook

ACT is functioning as designed.  When an ACT activity goes over to Outlook, the item in Outlook will populate with whatever you typed in the regarding field for the activity in ACT.  The contact name will appear in the item details in the Outlook entry.  If you want to see the contact's name on the Outlook calendar, then you can type it into the Regarding field of the ACT! activity.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Contact name does not appear in Outlook

Then I must say the older version functioned better in regards to this.  I now have to add an extra step in ACT to achieve the same - practical results.