Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact lookup by last name

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Contact lookup by last name

I recently installed ACT for Fin Prof. and imported my contacts from Outlook. When I perform a contact lookup within ACT I can only find the appropriate contact if I search by first name. Is there anyway to have ACT search for last name or any portion of the name entered?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tgiesbrecht
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Contact lookup by last name

I haven't seen ACT for Fin Pro but in "normal" ACT 2008 you could either:

Right mouse click on the Contact field (you could use others) and select Lookup Contact..

From the drop down list, select Surname then fill in the last name in the Surname textbox to the right.

OR

Put the Surname field on your layout then do the steps above but without having to change to the Surname field.

HTHs

Cheers

Shane

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author tgiesbrecht
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I haven't seen ACT for Fin Pro but in "normal" ACT 2008 you could either:

Right mouse click on the Contact field (you could use others) and select Lookup Contact..

From the drop down list, select Surname then fill in the last name in the Surname textbox to the right.

OR

Put the Surname field on your layout then do the steps above but without having to change to the Surname field.

HTHs

Cheers

Shane

Copper Contributor

Got it thanks!  It is a bit different in Financial Pro... the "Lookup" drop down lists the first name and last name to search for. Some how escaped me. The data entry screen does not include a First ad Last name entry... it figures out the first and last names entered on the contact data entry field and splits them itself...

THanks for the reply... moved me in the right direction and learned that I could right click on the fields to select a field for look up.

Terry

Copper Contributor

tgiesbrecht wrote:
I recently installed ACT for Fin Prof. and imported my contacts from Outlook. When I perform a contact lookup within ACT I can only find the appropriate contact if I search by first name. Is there anyway to have ACT search for last name or any portion of the name entered?

Funny mine works the exact opposite. LOL