Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact e-mails in Outlook and Act 11.0

Nickel Contributor

Contact e-mails in Outlook and Act 11.0

[ Edited ]

Creating a contact(with an e-mail address) adds BOTH contact and the e-mail address to the "Contacts" address book rather than the ACT! address book EVEN THOUGH ACT!'s address book is in first position in Tools|Options in Outlook.

Am I missing something or is this not bi-directional?

Also,  in a recent forum post,  I asked why can't a company not have an e-mail address?  I was debated and still not satisfied with the answer.  The reason why I say this is because it would be nice to be able to create Outlook rules tying e-mails sent from a company to the Company side of ACT!.  Who ever said I cannot have company information WAITING for a contact to be added in the future but still have it's own information.  Companies are not tied to contacts unless there is a link in the company field in the contact layout.  They are independent from each other until they are linked, correct?

Thanks!

Pat

Message Edited by patgenn123 on 09-22-2008 10:23 PM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Contact e-mails in Outlook and Act 11.0

You are missing something Smiley Indifferent

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Re: Contact e-mails in Outlook and Act 11.0

ACT! and Outlook address books are independent.  If you want to sync the two address books, you'll need to purchase an addon product like stated in your previous thread.

The address book is tied to contacts, not companies.  Which is why you can only create an Outlook rule to auto attach emails to contacts.