Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact address problem - ACT! Novice

Contact address problem - ACT! Novice

Using version 2010

I'm very new to ACT! and I'm struggling to get to grips with it. One problem I'm having at the minute is that I have all my company listings entered with addresses etc. and perhaps several contacts for each company. When I come to mail merge the address to a letter it requires me to enter the address again for each contact - Sometimes meaning i'm entering the address up to 5 times. Surely there is a better way??

Please help 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact address problem - ACT! Novice

Hello naill_admiral,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. In regards to your questions, do the contacts you are running the mail merge for have information in their primary address fields? Mail merges are running on contact records, not company records. When you choose to run a mail and select a company, it is actually running the merge on the individual contacts associated with that company, not the company itself. So, the merge is looking to the contact records to fill in field data on the merge template.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.