Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact View

Contact View

I just upgraded and  installed ACT Pro 2011.When I use the Lookup function the page goes to the Contact List view.  This is different than my previous version. 

If I then go to Lookup My Record it shows that in the Contact view.  If I then click on All Contacts it shows the List view

Is there a way to set it up so that when I use the Lookup All it gives me the Contact view instead. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact View

No. Working as designed since ACT! 2005 version 7.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Silver Contributor

Anytime a lookup returns more than one record, you will go to the list view.. Pressing the F11 key will take you immediately to the contact detail view as will double clicking on the contact of your choice in the contact list view.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Bronze Contributor

I love the change - in version 6 and earlier, if there were one or more contacts found, you were taken to the first one and you had to either step through them or go to list view yourself to find the one you wanted.

Since version 7, there are 3 outcomes to a lookup - 0) none found and you're given two choices - try again or enter a new contact  1) one found and you're taken to that contact  2) or more found - you're taken to the list so you can pick the one.

Everyone that I show this to loves it.

Signature

Thanks for the responses!

Copper Contributor

Kevin, Nicely said. Paul Onish
Paul Onish
East Brunswick, NJ
732 241 0800