Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Transfer from Excel 2007: ACT not downlading data

Contact Transfer from Excel 2007: ACT not downlading data

Hi. I am new to ACT. I recently got started and was able (using the wizard) to import my contacs from an Excel spead sheet into ACT. The problem was that they were all imported in caps. I re-formatted the Excel spreadsheet to proper text and now when I try to import the data to a second database, ACT does not seem to recognize that there is any data contained in the import. I am repeatedly left with only my initial user contact and nothing else shows. I have tired inporting as a cvs. file and a txt file and have assigned the columns to thier correct fields in ACT. Am I missing something?
Nickel Contributor

Re: Contact Transfer from Excel 2007: ACT not downlading data

During the import wizard on the mapping page you can preview the data to be imported by using the arrows above the mapping section, this can help to identify potential failures. Secondarily keep in mind that if your importing from .csv then commas and some other special characters can cause an import to fail. One suggestion would be to reduce the size of the import to make it easier identify data issues.

KB 13532

The preceeding KB might help you in identifying some of the common issues with data imports.