Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Report

Copper Contributor

Contact Report

Is it possible to create a contact report that can be used (and exported) based upon a advanced lookup (opportunity lookup)?  I can create the lookup but I want to use that lookup to contact certain individuals (by mail) and then follow up with them.  I use Act 2010  (v12).

Can Act's databases be used by a database report writer (eg Crystal Reports) to generate such a report if not by the application itself?

Frank

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact Report

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish but a lookup of oppertunity records can be turned into a lookup of contacts by doing the lookup you want in the oppertunities and then selecting all the found oppertunities in the list view and then right clicking and choosing Lookup Selected to create a lookup of the associated contact records.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I have created a lookup that has specific perameters regarding an opportunity.  For expample how many prospects that have a specific item over a specific amount.  The opportunity lookup works great however when I then switch to the contacts area that lookup is not the same.  If I try to run the report, nothing is shown.

Frank

Platinum Elite Contributor

When you create an oppertunity lookup and then make a contact lookup from that it will be of the contacts referenced by the oppertunities. You can use that lookup for a mail merge or to run a report for the current lookup. One thing that you aren't specifying is what report you are trying to run and what you expect it to show.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129