Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Report - email question

Highlighted

Contact Report - email question

I am new to ACT and am running ACT 2009 version 11.  When running the contact report under the "reports" dropdown the define filters dialog box appears.  Under the "history" tab, I check "email" to display email messages that have been sent to contacts.  However, I am trying to produce this report to show the fact that email activity has taken place (along with notes, etc...), but I do not want pages of detailed email messages to appear in my report.  I saved the report under a different name and tried to edit the report, but could not pinpoint where the email is being generated. 

For example, I may just want to show email subjects under the contact section or number of emails sent to a contact.

Any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Contact Report - email question

Have a look at the History Summary Report, which will provide a count of History Items.
Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

You would need to edit the history subreport and eliminate printing the details.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Highlighted

Thanks for your help...I have the email message eliminated.  I wrote some vbScript to replace the email message with "email sent".  I allow the notes for "call completed" to appear.    I am now trying to work with a custom field to display the number of email messages that have been sent per contact (like suggested in the History summary report).  However, the report is displaying a seperate line item that reads "Total: 1" through several iterations instead of just summing the number of emails.  I am trying to figure out how to get summary level information.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Please check your private messages, upper right corner of the screen.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer