Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Report - Printing Current Contact

Contact Report - Printing Current Contact

I'm trying to print a Contact Report - just the Current Contact - not the Current Lookup.  All I get is the Header and Footer, everything else is blank.  If I go to Current Lookup, it's OK.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Bridget Popish

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact Report - Printing Current Contact

However that specific contact still didn't print, right. That report has the detail section property Hide on Empty Subreports set to Yes. You need to edit the template and change that property to No.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy:

Thanks for your reply.  I've gone to Edit Template - Contact Report - but don't see a Subreport called Hide on Empty Subreport.  Help.

Bridget

Platinum Elite Contributor

Its a property for the detail section. Press the F4 key or do View | Properties.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

That's it!!!!!!    My experience with ACT is with the "ACT 2000" version, so I just jumped ahead light years with version 11.0.  Thanks for your help.

Bridget

I upgraded from ACT 2000 and I am having the same problem.  I tried the fix here, but it did not work.  Each time I try to print the current contact, I get the header and footer and no data in the middle.

Hi:

Be sure that you're in each "section" when you edit the template.  For instance, click on Section Header, then F4, it should say "Section 3 Header Section" in the Properties window that pops up.  Set the Hide on Empty Subreport to No.  F4 toggles off.  Scroll down to the bottom of the edit page and you should see the "Detail" section.  Click on it, then F4, the Properties window should say "Detail" at the top.  Again, set the Hide to No.  Do this again with the Section Footer and Page Footer.  Hope this isn't too confusing.

I'm becoming extremely frustrated trying to print out my contacts, which used to be very simple.  I've spent more than one day now trying to get this to work. After going through and changing hide on empty subreport from yes to no on every field, it still will not include my notes or history with the contact report.  Every time I close the template and go back I get a message saying "the template contains one or more fields which may have been deleted or to which you do not have access."   For the future, this aspect of the program is not at all user friendly, and setting the default to not print seems counterintuitive.  Can someone get me up and running?