Do you mean 

Contact/Phone Fields - Browse/Edit Button Missing from ALL layouts

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Contact/Phone Fields - Browse/Edit Button Missing from ALL layouts

ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

Windows XP Pro, SP3

The edit/browse button inside of the Contact Field, that allows you to edit what the First, Middle and Last name of a contact, is missing.  In fact this edit/browser button is also missing from all the phone fields that allow you to edit the phone formats.

This is only happening on one workstation out of 6.

There are no add-ons or custom plugins installed except for what comes with this version out of the box.

This happens on all the layouts that are listed including the default/unmodified out of the box layouts.

I have properly reset my preferences file but it did not resolve the issue. (Using ACTDiag)

This also happens on the ACTDemo Database on that workstation.

I am narrowing it down to an application problem.  I have not uninstalled and reinstalled ACT, yet but was hoping there would be an easier fix.

(Hello to all my ACC Buddies out there that are reading this)

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author RaulADiaz
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Contact/Phone Fields - Browse/Edit Button Missing from ALL layouts

Check the monitor DPI settings - if they are not set to the default (96dpi for XP/Vista, 'small' for Win7) it can cause the display to be incorrect.  Here is an article wih steps for checking the DPI settings: KB Article 26349

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author RaulADiaz
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Check the monitor DPI settings - if they are not set to the default (96dpi for XP/Vista, 'small' for Win7) it can cause the display to be incorrect.  Here is an article wih steps for checking the DPI settings: KB Article 26349

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

I originally thought it might have been video related and changed the screen resolution but I didnt think about changing the DPI, which was set to 120%.

That fixed it, thank you very much!

this seems to be a common solution to many problems......couldnt sage sort it a different way as it makes my screen resolution tiny and very hard to read!

Greg Martin,

In Windows 7 it will not allow me to change the dpi setting to any lower than 100%.

What other way can I get this function back as the program is not fully functional without it.

Plus, that size dpi is MUCH too small to work with everyday.

Please help/advise.

Thank you.

Copper Super Contributor

The trade off for setting the Font size back to 100% is to decrease the screen resolution. In most cases, this works best for the majority of products including accounting software etc.

Kind regards,

Matthew Wild
Act! Certified Consultant

Act Today Pty Ltd | 0755 712 344 | 0434048190 | matthew@acttoday.com.au | www.acttoday.com.au
Gold Coast