Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Pane Draws Slowly / ACT 2012 / Windows 7

Copper Contributor

Contact Pane Draws Slowly / ACT 2012 / Windows 7

Please pardon me if this has been answered; I could not find a solution.

Whenever I display the contact pane, whether I am switching from another pane or from a different application, the controls draw very slowly from top to bottom. It often takes several seconds!

This is a recent development but I don't know what caused it.  It doesn't occur with any other program, nor does it occur with any other views (e.g. the company pane).

I am using Windows 7 Professional with the most recent updates (so there's no hardware acceleration) and I tried switching out of Aero mode, to the minimal "Classic" high performance mode.  And, I have rebooted many times since this has begun.

I am running Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 3 with the current Durkin Impact Business Suite.  The database is local, on my hard drive.

I have plenty of RAM and hard drive space on my SSD.  The task manager shows plenty of CPU and memory available.

TIA

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Contact Pane Draws Slowly / ACT 2012 / Windows 7

Another clue: When I am using my laptop screen, the contacts view is slow, but if I plug in an external screen (now using two screens) it is fast again!  Unplug the external screen and it slows down once more.

I am using an Intel HD Graphics (Core i7) chip (driver version 8.15.10.2401) with 1,696 MB total graphics memory.

I guess the laptop is switching video modes or something but I don't know how to make the computer use the faster mode when an external screen is not attached.