Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Name Dialog Box

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Contact Name Dialog Box

When I try and designate th First/Middle/Last name it does not save, how can I get it to save?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Contact Name Dialog Box

Thank you.  Mystery solved!

It's still a little quirky as the user assumes they have to fill in the field when the system actually populates it based on the data entered into the "Last Name" field.  But it now works and I've managed the visual interface/layout to minimize confusion.

View solution in original post

All Replies

What version of ACT!?  Do you get the same results within a different database?
Copper Contributor

I am encountering this problem with ACT 2007 (9.0).

Is there a solution?

I am trying to enter a first name, last name, and a suffix.  Such as:  John Smith SPHR.  ACT is making Smith the middle name and I want "smith SPHR" to be the last name. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! has a system field for Name Suffix. If you have the suffixes entered in the list of suffixes, the ACT! program will parse the suffix to the Name Suffix field and the last name to the Last Name field.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I could not locate the System Field in the "Define Fields".  I could locate info in the Tools/Preferences and added suffixes to the Last Name Suffix.

However, when I try to alter/correct individual contacts in the database, the system still reverts to combining the Last Name & Suffix and showing them as Middle Name.  It then shows the First Name prefix as the last name.  The only correct item in this muddle is the Salutation.

Now what? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

You won't find any system fields in the define fields list but they are available to add to a layout. For existing contacts, try making a change to the contact, that should trigger re-parsing the contact name.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Thank you.  Mystery solved!

It's still a little quirky as the user assumes they have to fill in the field when the system actually populates it based on the data entered into the "Last Name" field.  But it now works and I've managed the visual interface/layout to minimize confusion.