Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Management Database

Contact Management Database

My organization is considering using ACT! 2008 solely as its contact management database system (switching from Access 2003).  I'd like to know if there are any other organizations utilizing ACT! 2008 solely for this purpose and how it is working out for your organization, ease of use, etc.  Thank you.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact Management Database

That's pretty much what the majority of ACT! users do.

What sort of data do you have an Access? Just Contacts or do you have Notes/histories, etc also?

We have basic contact information in addition to various "groups" these contacts belong to.  While it appears that ACT! 2008 will definitely support our needs (and, in the future we will utilize its project management features), we have a concern regarding the calendar synchronization issues that are being discussed in the community forum.  We want to ensure ourselves that the product we are purchasing will support us in a user-friendly manner as we do not have in-house IT support.

Which "calendar synchronization issues" are you referring to?

ACT! is the most user-friendly CRM solution on the market... it's the only reason that it has remained as the #1 selling product.

While I understand ACT! is the #1 selling CRM, there are obviously users who have experienced some less than desirable issues with the software.  My questions was referring to MS Outlook calendar synchronization issues current users of ACT! are experiencing (please see the community forums).  I understand, however, that ACT! 2009 v11.0 has addressed these issues, which is why our organization plans to move forward with the purchase of ACT! 2009 11.0.