Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact List - Help

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Contact List - Help

In my alphabetical Contact List screen, when I do a search and enter a name in the "Look for:" field, the results start at the BOTTOM of the Contact List screen.  For example, if I type Baldwin in the "Look for:" field, the first result, Baldwin, displays at the end of the Contact List page as Baldwin.  I then have to scroll down, or use the down arrow, to see Baltimore, Baytown, Bayview, Bergin, Birmingham, etc.  And yes, I have sorted the applicable column as ascending and descending with the same frustrating bottom of the page results.  Does anyone know how to have my search results start at the TOP of the Contract List?  I want to see Baldwin display as line one at the top of the page, and the next alphabetical results following thereafter.  Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author DanSir
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact List - Help

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change this behavior.  A lot has changed from 6.0 to the current version...some things were lost, but many new things were gained. If you would like to see this functionality added as a feature in an update or future version, please submit a Feature Request to our developers.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

"Look For" does not behave the same way as a Lookup, where an actual list of results is displayed.  It searches down the list for the first result containing the criteria you typed in, then highlights it.  However, if the results are already on the page then it will simply highlight it; if the results are above your current position on the list, then you should see them at the top.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thank you for the feedback.  Unfortunately it was not the answer for which I hoped.  In my previous Act! program, version 6.0, when in the Contract List view, if I type b...a....then the contract list would change to entries beginning with b....a....with these entries beginning/displaying at the TOP of the Contract List view.  This is what I want my "upgrade" version 11 to do.  Is this possible?

Solution
Accepted by topic author DanSir
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change this behavior.  A lot has changed from 6.0 to the current version...some things were lost, but many new things were gained. If you would like to see this functionality added as a feature in an update or future version, please submit a Feature Request to our developers.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Thank you.  Now that I have an answer I will keep moving forward with 11...but always retain a warm spot in my heart for 6.0.  Philosophically, perhaps some products should not change like Coca Cola Classic....Windows XP....Act 6.0...etc.