Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Layout Designer - Big Problem- Help Please !!

Contact Layout Designer - Big Problem- Help Please !!

Hi,

I have done some work on a 1024 x 768 Contact layout designer, adding some additional fields etc in version 10.

After saving and returning to view the newly designed contact viewing panel with my customised fields, I see that the contact viewing panel has been totally resized. The field boxes are much longer than I set up in the design. There are huge horizontal gaps between the 3 columns of field boxes. One can scroll to the right and view acres of blank screen space and I cannot get this setup to simply resize in proportion to fit as it should.

Can anybody help please !! ?

Looking at the properties window, an example setting  for a field box is as follows:

Size: 742, 109.

When I go back into Contact layout designer to try to rework the positioning and sizes of the boxes - I have a blank screen with no field boxes or text fields visible regardless of where I scroll.

The only visible elements now availabel to me is the Toolbox and I can open the properties window from the drop down menus at the top of the screen.

The align, make same size,horizontal spacing and vertical spacing options under the Format menu heading are all unavailable to use.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Gerry

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact Layout Designer - Big Problem- Help Please !!

In all likelihood you have your video driver set to large fonts, you need to use normal fonts.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Unfortunately not Roy. Every other user on the Network now has the same problem irrespective of font size. Thanks for the thought.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Once the layout is corrupted by working on the layout with the fonts set to large fonts, everyone that uses the layout will see it the same. I believe that you will need to change to normal fonts on the system modifying the the layout, open the layout and make the necessary corrections and then save the layout. Because that likely would involve significant work, you could do a restore as of a backup using a different name for the database and then copy the layout file from the backup.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129